😁 Excellent
😊 Great
😐 Just Ok
🙁 Needs Improvement
😞 Do Over

Minor Travel Consent form

Select State

Minor Travel Consent Information

A Minor Travel Consent Form is used when a minor, typically a child under the age of 18 years old, will travel domestically or internationally without a parent or guardian accompanying them.

This form can be used when the Child travels either alone or with an adult, who is not a parent or guardian of the child, such as a grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, or an organization/camp etc.

Many times, parents who are either divorced or separated use this form when only one parent will be traveling with the child.

The Minor Travel Consent form contains information about the child[ren] including the child[ren]'s name, date of birth, birth certificate number and passport number, if available. It also includes information about who the minor is traveling with, where they are going and the parent or guardian giving the permission to travel.

In addition, if the child[ren] who are traveling have any allergies or medical conditions that require special attention they are also identified in this form. However, this form does not allow one to make any medical decisions as to treatment for the child. Instead, a Minor Medical Consent form is needed for medical decisions and treatments.

It is a good idea to have a minor travel consent because if authorities, such as the TSA or airline personnel, ask for proof of authorization to travel with the Child and you do not have this form you may then be prevented from continuing on your trip.

Though not required, it is best to have this form notarized as it can prevent issues about the credibility of the document from arising. In addition, when traveling internationally you may be required to have the consent form notarized.